Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Biblical Design

First off, allow me to give a little shout out to Pat Osowski for putting together our 21-Day Mission Central Project Prayer Devotional Guide.  I'm only in day 3 and am already being both blessed and challenged.

I thought I would take a moment to share some of my thoughts on Day 3 "Giving Worship".  Throughout this entire process, I have reflected upon 1 Chr. 29: 10-20 a lot.  It has certainly been a source of inspiration and instruction for me.  I do challenge every person of Skyline Church to read through that passage and let it speak to you, but also let me challenge you to read a little more of the context.

Take a moment to read 1 Chr. 28 & 29.  There you will begin to see some familiar themes.  David was making preparations for the Temple to be built.  Notice some of the things he does.


  1. He casts vision for what God desired to do. (1 Chr. 28:1-8)
  2. He plans the cost of the project. (1 Chr. 28: 10-18)
  3. He offers encouragement. (1 Chr. 28:20-21)
  4. He challenges the people to both commitment and sacrifice...the same commitment and sacrifice he was willing to make.  (1 Chr. 29:1-9)
  5. He leads the congregation in an intense moment of worship acknowledging the fact that everything we have comes from God and it is His to use as He guides us. (1 Chr. 29:10-20)
Sound familiar?  I am reminded, yet again, today that what we are doing follows a Biblical Design and as we commit our selves to God's guidance, He most certainly can do greater things through our people.

"The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the Lord.  David the king also rejoiced greatly."  1 Chr. 29:9

I am rejoicing in advance for what our entire church family is about to do.  Let us intensely seek God on this journey so that He may guide our hearts in what we are to do in this time.  Let's live radically for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment