Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Blog For The Broken

Last week, while on our (me and my boys) yearly camping adventure, I shared a note on facebook simply because I did not have access to my blog via my phone...so now I transfer this post to The Musing Loft....Let it challenge you.......


This week has been incredible for me and my boys. Our yearly camping adventure has provided great memories and lots of fun. One of my favorite things about the trip has been my time with God in the still of the morning.

I have always found that sleeping in is not an option for me during a camping trip. Maybe it is because of the rocks I sleep on while my children have the comfort of an air mattress, I don't know, but rising at 3 AM does have it's advantages. While the sun has still yet to rise, the peace of the fire and the gentle roar of the lantern always provides intimate time with God.

This morning I was reading the first part of Lamentations and a thought came to my mind that I desperately wanted to share in a blog. That's tough to do without having downloaded a blogging app to my phone. Thank goodness for Facebook notes.

Lamentations 2:11, "I have cried until the tears no longer come; my heart is broken. My spirit is poured out in agony as I see the desperate plight of my people. Little children and tiny babies are fainting and dying in the streets."

Brokenness. I asked myself the question, "How broken am I?". Have I cried so much that the tears have stopped flowing? Have I poured my spirit out in agony because of the desperate plight of our people? Do I even really see those who are dying spiritually in the streets?

The answer to that question is a resounding yes...and no. For those of you who know me well, know of my passion to reach those without Christ. I well see the people around us who are dying inside without the love of Christ. The problem is my agony.

While I pray continuously for the ability to reach these people I can honestly look at my life and say that my agony for them has not been as great as what is described in this verse. You must realize that this verse is not about people dying without Christ, rather the Lamentations over the nation of Israel. Regardless, God broke my heart this morning with this verse.

How desperately I want to pour out my spirit for the broken! How desperately I want to see them rescued by the love of Christ through our church and any other God fearing, truth teaching body of believers.

I find myself thankful for the brokenness I feel this morning. It has been a reawakening of a fire that has always burned inside of my heart.

There is a world beneath our very feet that is withering away from the absence of Christ. Are you broken for it? Have you poured out your heart for it? Or are your prayers of petition simply for those who are sick with a cold? It is time that we allow our hearts to once again be broken deeply for them! It is time that His passion for them becomes our passion for them!

Lamentations 2:18-19, "Cry aloud before the Lord, O walls of beautiful Jerusalem! Let your tears flow like a river day and night. Give yourselves no rest; give your eyes no relief. Rise during the night and cry out. Pour out your hearts like water to the Lord. Lift up your hands to him in prayer, pleading for your children, for in every street they are faint and hungry."

They really are faint and hungry. Give yourself no rest for their souls. Give your eyes no relief for their need of Christ. In your community, let your brokenness fuel EVERYTHING you do for the glory of God and the blood of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment